The collaborator feature allows applicants to work together on a single request. With this feature, applicants can also add a new user to their organization in your site (GLM only) without contacting an administrator.
This feature is included with the Basic license and above. Please reach out to the Support team at email@example.com to enable this feature in your site. When enabled, the option to invite collaborators will appear for all of your applicants.
The collaborator feature helps address several common scenarios, including:
- Multiple applicants from an organization need to work together on a request.
- An applicant needs someone else to upload a document, fill out certain questions, or sign off on their request (e.g. a fiscal sponsor, executive director).
- An applicant needs an efficient way for someone else to view and (in some cases) submit their request.
- An organization works with a grant writer.
- An organization has a new staff member who would like to submit a request.
Below are tutorials on this feature that you can share with your applicants:
- Collaborator Tutorial (applicant-facing written tutorial)
- Collaborator Tutorial (applicant-facing video tutorial)
- Add New Users to Your Organization Tutorial (applicant-facing written tutorial)
How It Works
Below are the basics on how this feature works for your reference. Please refer to the applicant-facing tutorials linked above for detailed steps for the applicant and collaborator.
- One applicant must go through registration as usual. Once they open the first form in the process (either an LOI or application), they'll see the option to invite collaborators to the request in the top right corner of the page. That option will appear on any follow up forms assigned within the request as well.
- After the applicant clicks Collaborate, they'll see a pop-up that prompts them to enter the email address of the person they're inviting to collaborate, type a message, and select the permission level (view, edit, or submit) for the collaborator.
- Within the collaborator pop-up, the applicant can also manage existing collaborators. They can resend an invitation, change permission levels, or remove a collaborator from their request.