The Email Template tool allows administrators to build email templates which can be manually sent or automatically sent in response to a specified event.
Follow these steps to build a new email template:
1. Click on the “Email Templates” link under Communications in the navigation menu.
2. To build a new template click on the 'Add New Template' button. NOTE: To send an email "on-the-fly" click the 'Send (No Template)' Button.
3. Fill out the following fields:
- Template Name - The name administrators will choose in a list of templates.
- From (Reply To) - This will be the email address applicants reply back to.
- CC & BCC - This can be used to CC an administrator within your Foundation, or select the Copy Organization Primary Contact checkbox to CC the organization's primary contact.
- Subject - Subject of the email.
- Plain Text Body - The body of the email.
4. Click on the Email Notification Events tab, to reveal the event type options:
- Applicant Assigned: sent to Applicant when a form is assigned to them (i.e. when an LOI is approved).
- Evaluation Assigned: sent to Evaluators when they are assigned a form.
- Applicant Submission Verification: sent to Applicant after Applicant submits a form.
- Administrator Site Activity: sent to each selected Administrator when a form is submitted.
- Follow Up Reminder: sent to Applicant 14 days before the due date on their follow up (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to change the 14 days timeframe for all reminders).
- Third Party Assigned: Sent to third parties when an applicant clicks the 'Send Email' button for a third party email.
5. Select the appropriate event type, if applicable.
6. Click Create Email Template.
The template will now appear on your Email Templates page.