In some cases, you may need to cancel part of an installment amount. In other cases, you may need to cancel an installment that already has payments recorded. You'll first need to adjust the installments for the request, so that an installment exists without payments in the exact amount you need to cancel.
Read more about how and why to cancel installments here: Cancel an Installment.
Cancel Part of an Installment/Installment with Payments
- Click on the project name to reach the Request Summary.
- The project name can be accessed from multiple locations, including a workload page (i.e. All Open Approvals), the User or Organization Summary page, or the Requests & Decisions search page.
- Click the Award Details tab.
Add a new installment in the amount you need to cancel.
- In this example, we need to cancel $2,500 of the first installment, so we've added a new installment for $2,500.
Edit the original installment amount to subtract the amount you're canceling.
- In this example, we've subtracted $2,500 from the first installment.
- Click on the installment you need to cancel, and click the toggle switch to cancel the installment.
- Now the Installment Total (Amount Awarded) will show the original amount of the award, and the Canceled Total and Balance will correctly reflect the scenario.
- In this example, the first installment had a payment recorded. That information is still correctly reflected in the Amount Paid and Balance.