To manually combine selected fields in a data set:
- Select the questions you want to report on as described above.
- Check the box next to them in the "Selected Fields" list on the right side of the screen.
- Click the box to Combine/Rename Fields
- When you combine the fields, you need to give the new "combined" field a new name. If you are combining responses, you need to define a separator character (i.e. a semi-colon [;]or a bar [|] or a space). Once you have provided the combined field name and separator character, click the OK button. In this scenario there will only be one response per cell.
- One use case would be to combine the field Applicant First Name and the field Applicant Last Name into 1 new field named "Applicant Full Name" with a space as the separator character.