Many administrators use box.com so they can host their documents online. Once your documents are hosted online you can create links to those documents to include in your GLM forms and processes. Hosting your documents online gives you the ability to access them from anywhere and makes changes to them as needed.
Getting Started with Box.Com
Follow these instructions to set up an account:
1. Click here to navigate to the box.com website.
2. Click “Get Started” to create a new account.
3. Select a Business or Individual.
- The “Individual” plan is free and can host up to 10 GB of file.
4. Enter your information.
5. Confirm your email address.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com.
- If you do not receive this email in your inbox, check your junk folder.
- Open the email and click “Verify Email”
6. You will then be prompted to decide whether you plan to use your account mostly for personal use or for work.
- You can click the Skip link at the bottom of the page if you would like.
7. Upload your files and folders.
8. After you have uploaded your files you can link them to your GLM forms and processes.
Linking Files to Your Site
- Click the icon indicated below next to the file you want to share:
- Select "Share" in the list that appears.
- Toggle on the "Enable Shared Link" setting.
- A URL will now appear. Click "Copy" to copy the URL.
- Open your GLM site and paste this URL into the Rich Text Editor in your forms or process description.
- Click HERE to learn how to link text in the Rich Text Editor.