As more data on the nonprofit sector becomes available to everyone on the web, the importance of data standards and data exchanges is growing - even for small funders. You've probably heard the term "Big Data" but what does it actually mean? And what does it mean for you? Can "Big Data" help your organization?
This webinar will help demystify the talk and reveal some concrete ways that you can contribute to – and benefit from – this new level of detailed information that is available to everyone.
Just a few of the things you can expect from the webinar:
- See how you can share important grants data from your Foundant site with the sector via The Foundation Center (Spoiler alert: it's really easy)
- Understand how the data you provide will be involved in research, knowledge tools, and mapping projects aimed at helping the sector
- Learn how data provided by The Foundation Center to funders, including you, will allow you to be more strategic, collaborative, and have the greatest impact with your resources
- See how Foundant Connect can bring all this information together in one centralized, easy location
For more information about "Big Data," and why it's important that we all work together to keep it accurate and up-to-date, read The Next Big Thing
– a blog post by Foundant President, Daren Nordhagen.
To learn more about The Foundation Center and their eReporting Program, read this blog post by Davis Parchment, Manager of Electronic Reporting Program at The Foundation Center - Things You Really Need to Know, and How to Get There
Please Click Here
to view the webinar slides.