Building Third Party Response Questions
Questions requiring a third party to respond are built into the form in Process Manager. The forms that can use third party questions are: LOI's, Applications, Evaluations, and Follow-Ups.
- To add third party questions to a form, click on Process Manager which is in the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Process Name to update the process.
- Click on the Process Stage that you are adding third party questions to. (LOI, Application, Decisions, Follow Ups)
- Click on the Choose Form button if a form has not already been selected for that process stage.
- Once you have selected to copy a form or add create a new form, click Edit.
- Questions for the applicant to complete can be added to the form as they have in the past. They will not require any changes to your workflow.
- Third Party Questions are added to the form template by clicking on the Add Group button and checking Make this an Anonymous Third Party group.
- A Third Party Email question with a Compose Email button below it will be automatically added into the Group. This question will be answered by the applicant.
- Deleting this question will delete the whole group.
- Edit the Third Party Email question to include instructions for the applicant. The applicant will need to enter the email address of the third party and compose an email requesting a response.
- All other questions in the group will be answered by the third party responder. They will not be visible to the applicant. These questions will be identified by an icon. Add instructions and questions that the third party will answer in the group.
- If you have multiple third party groups, adding a group with only a divider line and no title or questions is a good way to separate the email questions on the applicant's side. If you add a divider line within the third party group, it's only viewable by the third party so it won't separate the questions for the applicant.
Building Third Party Email Templates
Once you have built a form that includes a third party group you will need to build an email template to be sent to the third party responders.
- To build the template, go to the Email Templates and add a new template.
- In the body of the email add instructions for the third party. When the email is sent, a link to the third party questions and the applicant name, email, and organization (if applicable) will be provided below the text.
- In the Email Notification Events box select Third Party Assigned.
- To activate the automatic third party notification, go to Process Manger and click on the name of the process that will use the template.
- Once on the Update Process page click on the Process Stage that you would like to add the template to.
- In the Automatic Emails section, select the template you build from the drop down list next to To Third Party (when Applicant clicks Send).
Using Third Party Response Questions
Now that your form has been built and your automatic email notification has been activated you can activate the process and begin to use it.
- When the applicant fills out the form they will enter the email address of the third party that will be responding and click Compose Email. The email address that the applicant entered can be changed up until the application has been submitted.
- The applicant will compose a message to the third party responder.
- When the applicant clicks "Send" their email will be sent to the third party and the automatic email template will be triggered.
- The third party responder will receive both emails, one from the applicant, and the other from the system with the email template containing the link to the questions.
- Third party users will now have a "Save Draft" and a "Submit" button. Third party forms will only be considered submitted if the third party user has filled out all required questions and clicks the "Submit" button.
- Once a third party form has been submitted, the third party will no longer be able to change responses.
- If a third party needs to make changes to the questions in their third party group, administrators can now send third party groups back to draft by using the "Compose Email" button found below the third parties email address on the form in which they are referenced. The administrator must first click the edit icon (pencil), then click the "Compose Email" button, and then send an email to the third party notifying them theycan make necessary changes.
- If a third party user is assigned multiple third party groups on the same form, all the third party groups to which they are assigned will be sent back as well.
- When the questions requiring a third party response have been answered the applicant will be able to see that a response was submitted.
- If an administrator makes a third party question required, they will not be able to mark the application complete until that question has been answered by the third party.
Tracking Third Party Responses
- The applicant will be able to see the status of their third party responses on the Application Status Page.
- The administrator will be able to see the status of the third party responses on their workload pages.
- Administrators can edit third-party responses.