View the video tutorial HERE.
Foundant GLM’s Process-User Assignment tool allows administrators to restrict process visibility to users with the Grants Manager role.
Process-User Assignment is an advanced feature and is available to clients with an Advanced Grant License, or an Advanced Scholarship License.
- By default, the Process-User Assignment feature will be turned off.
- If you have an advanced license and this feature has not been turned on, please contact support email@example.com to have the feature enabled.
- To upgrade to the advanced licensee, please contact your CSM.
- Note: Turning this feature on does NOT change any processes that the Grants Manager users can already see. All current Grants Manager users will continue to see all processes until they are unassigned from particular processes.
- Additionally, new Grants Manager users will see all processes upon being added.
- The Grants Manager role may not be turned on in your site. If you would like it turned on please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the role enabled.
- Role names can be changed in each site. You may have the Grants Manager role turned on already with a different name. Additionally, you can change the name if “Grants Manager” does not fit for the people who will be using the role in your site.
Please review the following Process-User Assignment functionality before asking support to enable this feature:
- Copying a process will NOT maintain the process user assignments.
- If you have a process copied from your demo site to your production site (or the other way around), it will NOT maintain the process user assignments.
- Grants Managers who cannot see a process will not see the process listed in the process filter and will not see any requests on pages where this filter applies.
- On the Organization Summary page, Grants Managers will see requests in processes to which they are not assigned. However, they will not be able to navigate to the requests for those processes.
- Note: For this reason you need to be careful about using process-user assignments to provide privacy on your site. If you have questions about which users can see different types of information you can consult the “User Roles Defined” document or contact your CSM.
- Grants Managers who are also evaluators will be able to see requests they are specifically assigned to review, even if those requests are in a process they are restricted from seeing.
To use the Process-User Assignment tool, go to the Process Manager page and select the process you would like to unassign (or reassign) a Grants Manager to by clicking on the process name.
- Select the Assign Users button in the upper right hand side of your screen.
- This will show you a list of all Grants Managers within your site. You can deselect any Grants Managers who should not have access to view this process or you can select Grants Managers who should now have access to view the process.
- Once your selections are complete, click the blue Save Assignments button.
- You will need to follow the instructions above for each process that you want to edit the Grants Managers visibility.
- Reminder: By default, all Grants Managers will have access to all processes.
If you have any additional questions about the Process-User Assignment tool, feel free to contact Foundant Support at email@example.com.