Why you should use GuideStar for Grant Applicants:
- Ease of applying for applicants
- GuideStar database fields will automatically populate into Foundant GuideStar for Grant Applicants fields.
- To put yourself in a position to utilize future GuideStar for Grant Applicants features and updates in your Foundant GLM system
- To help enrich the philanthropic community by asking your applicants to keep their GuideStar profiles up-to-date
Why you might not use GuideStar for Grant Applicants Fields:
- Your applicants may not have GuideStar profiles
- You may not ask any of the GuideStar for Grant Applicants fields in your application
- The Guidestar data could be out of date
- Only Bronze, Silver and Gold level GS user are required to update their profiles
- Even they are only required to update the data every (2) years
- The Guidestar field may not allow you to collect the data in the desired field type.
- For example: You may want to collect the “Geographic Area Served” with a pre-populated drop list. However, if you use the GuideStar for Grant Applicants field “Geographic Area Served” you can only collect the answer in a text area format.